Before you get started it’s important to stress the importance of safety. For this reason we kindly ask that you read the following safety instructions (these can also be found in the owners manual enclosed in the box your MATE arrives in):
lf you are unfamiliar with any aspect of the manual your MATE arrives with, it is recommended that you take your MATE and this manual to a local bike shop for inspection, assembly and instructions.
It is extremely important that you follow the safety guidelines contained in this manual in order to ensure maximum safety for you as well as maximum durability of your MATE. Before you ride your MATE for the first time, please be absolutely sure that it has been correctly assembled. You will find step by step instructions in this manual. But if for any reason you are not completely certain, please bring it to your nearest bicycle shop.
Key assembly steps that must be completed with absolute certainty (to include secure fastening) are pedals, saddle height, handlebar (both rotation and height) and wheels.
- Please ensure all safety latches, including quick releases and rings, are locked in place and snug without any
- Please ensure all bolts (including the front/rear wheels, saddle bolt and brake rotors) are properly tightened.
- Certain components must be tightened to exact specifications using a torque wrench for safety assurance. Fixed front wheel axle nut: 28-32Nm, Fixed rear wheel axle nut: 30-35Nm, Handlebar bolts: 6-8Nm, Handlebar stem bolt 13-15Nm, Bar end bolts: 4-5Nm, Saddle bolt: 22Nm.
- lf you are unfamiliar with cycling, we suggest that you take a cycling course that includes safe riding.
- Test your brakes prior to using the MATE every time. In wet or icy conditions, use extra caution.
- Frequently check your tire pressures. They should be pumped to 1.4 bar (20 psi). Low tire pressures will result in damage to the tires and rims. It con shorten the lifespan of your MATE as well as cut your ride short if you suffer from a flat lire.
- We recommend you to always wear a helmet when riding any MATE.
- Please observe all traffic regulations and other applicable laws, including any lighting laws.
- Don’t drink and ride. Even a smalI amount of alcohol con impair your judgement, lowering your ability to remain safe on the MATE.
- Weather and nighttime operation can be tricky in in-climate, icy or snowy weather and at night.
- Don’t lend your MATE to anyone who is unfamiliar with it. lf you choose to loan your MATE to anyone, make sure they have also read and fully understand this owner’s manual.
- MATEs are not toys. All riders must beat least 16 years old.
- All MATEs are meant to be ridden by a single person. Total recommended weight of rider, including all items such as backpack, is 150 kg (330 Ibs.)
- Your MATE is intended for riding on both street and light off-road. Be extra careful if you decide to use it on other surfaces.
- It is advisable to be extremely cautious when riding in traffic. Cars are not used to the speed at which a MATE con travel, as compared to a regular bike.
- Since it is impossible to anticipate every situation or condition which con occur while on the MATE, this is manual makes no representation about the safe use of the MATE under all conditions.
- There are risks associated with the use of any transportation vehicle like a
- These risks cannot be predicted or avoided, hence they remain the sole responsibility of the rider.
- When you need to replace the battery, please either dispose of it properly or send it back to us or your local bike shop to ensure that it is properly recycled. Warning: Do NOT take apart OR repair parts by yourself. Please go to your local bike shop that has experience with e-bikes.